Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Time Mix


This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. dwelling on the concept of time
B. ignoring the concept of time
C. waiting for an event to happen
D. celebrating the here and now
E. wanting time to stop



And HERE it is for the taking ... ENJOY!!!



*************************************************************


First of all, I wanted to share with you something one of my dearest friends, Elise sent me ... it's something I'm pretty astounded by ... if you saw last week's blog, you'll remember that the cover art for J. Whitson's "You Future, Now!" was pretty incredible and gruesome ... well, here's that cover IN ACTION!!! And it's astounding ... and chilling to view ... Thanks a ton, Elise!!!





*************************************************************



Next up, see how much more my hair has grown in a week!



Behold the "Let It Grow" project part 6:




*************************************************************



In Ryan news, his band, Three Happenin Guys left Saturday on a 9 day tour all the way up to New York and back and I'm missing him pretty badly ... Actually, part of the inspiration for the "Time Mix" was me dealing with his absence ... good luck, Ryan! Have fun!!!



*************************************************************


In home front news, what have I been up to for the past zillion years it seems? Art Walk!!! And I'm finally almost done with all of my pieces!!! If you'll be in Birmingham on September 10th and 11th (this coming weekend), during Art Walk I'll be located at the Jason Wallis photography studio (2nd Row Studio, 212 24th Street) ... come by and see me!!!


Here are some almost-finished Art Walk pieces:







Also in homefront news, as I was putting out some paintings to dry on the front porch, I moved some boards and discovered these adorable secrets nestled in the corner ... The amount of stray cats in my neighborhood has apparently increased ... again!



looky:




*************************************************************


This past Friday, my fellow Birmingham artist, Daisy Winfrey and I opened our "collaborative" show, "I'll Be Your Mirror" at Bottletree Cafe, where we imitated eachother's paintings ... it was a load of fun!


Here's some photographic evidence of the show:








*************************************************************



In video news, I have a few awesome thingies that I wasn't able to embed, so you'll just have to go to the links and view em from there ...


1st up there's this new video by Deerhunter called "Helicopter" which is a song from their upcoming record, "Halcyon Digest" ... can't wait to hear the whole album!!!




2ndly is this incredible documentary on one of my all-time favorite bands, Micachu and The Shapes ... dig it!!!




Speaking of incredible, here's a wonderful new one from Califone:



Harry Hosono (Tin Pan Alley) - "Carousel" (thanks, Bradford Cox!):



Another DYI video for a great Wild Nothing song:



This'un by Porcelain Raft simply rules:



Haven't been creeped out in a while? Just leave it to Golden Ages to do the trick!




And here's episode 1 of Belle & Sebastian's TV show ... the 1st single from their their new album, "Write About Love" gets released digitally TODAY!!!



My brother Peter posted this on facebook ... (thanks, Peter!!!) You gotta love some classic Queen ... just for being Queen!

























2 comments: