Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Temperate Mix


This mixtape could be perfect for:

A. Waiting for chilly sweater weather to arrive
B. Celebrating the 1st day of Autumn (this year = September 23rd)
C. Sorting through old clothes (& getting rid of a ton)
D. Cleaning up your room
E. Planning out this year's Halloween costume


Yes, yes! Autumn officially begins THIS Thursday!!! But I'll be damned if it isn't hotter than blazes out there! UGH ... I hung clothes out to dry yesterday morning and they were dry in like 2 hours! How very UN-fallish ...



I'm SO ready for dead leaves and sweaters and chilly gusts and haunted house adventures!




So anyway, here's to hoping for some upcoming TEMPERATE days!!! ENJOY!!!





************************************************************************************


I don't have much at all to report this week cuz I've been pretty much taking it easy after all the incessant painting leading up to Art Walk ...


Charley's been my inspiration lately ... She REALLY know just how to take it easy:






************************************************************************************





On an entirely different note, the band that Ryan's in, Three Happenin Guys recently posted an entertaining video of their recent 2010 tour ...



dig it:






************************************************************************************





On a very terribly sad note, the kittens that once used to live on our front porch got brutally attacked and killed ... it was supposedly a pack of wild dogs that did it, but as of now no one seems to know ... I discovered their bodies scattered all across our yard Sunday morning ... it was truly horrific ... I only found 3 bodies and there were 4 kittens, so hopefully the black one escaped and is still alive ...

Peter buried the 3 in our backyard under the owl statue ... may their tiny, young and beautifully innocent souls rest in peace ...






************************************************************************************



And on brighter and random note, my great friend Danny Gamble recently sent me an email about an amusing dream he had concerning me ... It really makes me laugh! Take a look:

"Last night I dreamed that I hired some college kids to build me a shed. As I checked on their progress, I saw that they were using your paintings--hundreds of them-- as lumber. From the outside--unfinished wood; the inside--your work. They even built a picnic table out of a door-sized painting and showed me how the glossy paint repelled water. Each time I checked on their progress, I'd ask where they got the "wood." They always avoided the question. Each I time I grew deeply agitated, but each time I got distracted so I couldn't phone you to see if you'd been robbed.



What could all this mean?"





************************************************************************************










In video news, last weekend when Ryan was over I played him this song by Hugo Largo and burned him their "Mettle" album cuz I think he'd enjoy it




Here's the rather incredible video for "Turtle Song" :




Speaking of incredible, take a look at this one by Zach Hill!












I love Stanley Donwood's art ... wish I could make it to this show:



This new Deerhunter song (Ryan bought me the white vinyl single when he was on tour!!!) SO easily gets stuck in one's head ... This is a pretty rad "fan video" for it:



I haven't even thought about Blonde Redhead in a forever-long minute, but this new song by them makes me really wanna hear their new album:












This next one is dedicated to my wonderful, beautiful and amazing sister-of-a-best-friend, Elise ... cuz her birthday will be this coming Sunday!!! I love you, Elise! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!






And once again, my awesome twin brother Peter provided us with a very hilariously bizarre dessert ... Thanks, Peter!!!



My god! I'll have to remember to do her workout more often ... hahahaha:

























No comments:

Post a Comment