Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Storm Cloud Coffee Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for =

A. Drinking a cup of coffee
B. Watching storm clouds gather
C. Driving through a thunderstorm
D. Craving autumn
E. Catching raindrops on your tongue


Yes, I know that it is only July 5th and that I have 4 whole months to wait until the blessed event that is Halloween occurs again ... But I've realized that every year around this point on the "wheel" I reeeeally start craving spooky things and ghost stories and chilly dead leaf weather ...


Maybe it's simply because it's so far away ... I don't really know ... But I've noticed a pattern ... So instead of ignoring it and shrugging it off, I decided to INDULGE in it! haha ... Not that I filled the mix up with scary sound effects or anything like that ... It's just a relatively "unseasonally" cloudy and moodily mysterious (but VERY upbeat, mind you!) mix ...


I reckon that a Summer thunderstorm is as close to Halloween as you can get right now ... so why not celebrate one?! Go find yourself a good abandoned ("haunted") house and light a candle during a raging storm, put in your ear buds and listen to this mix on yer ipod ... Ta-da!!!


Here it be ... the Storm Cloud Coffee mix ... ENNNNJOOOOY!!! =





You may now download it RIGHT HERE





*****************************************************************************************





Speaking of dark and spooky and mysterious ... dig this! Jim Makin sent me this very excellent mix created by Prefuse 73 and Zola Jesus ... thanks, Jim! =







*****************************************************************************************




Also, I found this new album by the very eery and amazing Belgian musician, Kreng in it's entirety!

ENJOY the pitch blackness of "Grimoire" =







*****************************************************************************************



And speaking of entire albums, here is one of the year's best ... it's by John Maus and he is performing THIS Thursday (July 7th) at Bottletree w/ Puro Instinct ... Sooooo goooood =







*****************************************************************************************




Hey!!! Elise's oldest son, Nolan (11) is the Alabama finalist in the Young Scientist Challenge ... Incredible! Congrats, Nolan!!!



*****************************************************************************************




John Wendel sent me this link to the "13 best Smiths songs", which really made me happy ... I don't exactly agree with everything in it, but it makes me smile to see that others still appreciate the "band that saved my Life" ... haha ... You can see the list HERE. Thanks, John!




*****************************************************************************************





VVVVVViiiiiiiiddddddEEEEEEoooo TTTTTiiiiimmmEEEEEE!!!!!!!





1st up, I happily chanced upon this classic by Tall Dwarfs =




Some brand new retro magic by Mates Of State =




Tom Bonner posted this early 2000's clip from Boards Of Canada (thanky!) =




Weston Flippo posted (thanks!) this wonderful late 70's nugget from The Buzzcocks =




Speaking of nuggets, here's a mid 90's Summer one from The Headcoats =




And on the other side of the British 90's spectrum, here's the only song I ever liked by The Charlatans UK =




This one is dedicated to Ryan ... Kalup Linzy is actually putting out a record with James Franco ... weird! =




Weston Flippo also posted (merci!) this nice Belgian TV performance by The Delgados with Billy Childish being very ... urm ... childish on the drums ... haha =




And Henry Dunkel posted (cheers!) this bit of 60's strangenes by The Spotnicks =







Dessert!!!




Holy shit this made me laugh! Ryan sent it to me ... hahahaha =




Jimmy Gordon posted this funny Ms. America spoof (thanks!) =




Space Ghost says "Don't touch me." =




Haha! Yikes! Chris Stewart posted this rather embarrassing one (thankers!) =




And this next from Chris Stewart (along with the 3 other Cyriak clips after it) is one of the best and craziest things I've ever seen! haha (cheers!) =
1.


2.


3.


4.



Here's "Friday Night Somewhere" ... a ridiculous variety show featuring great new animated Bill Callahan video =



Hayley Grimes posted this next bit of hilariousness ... danke! =




And finally, my brother Peter posted this sweet lil tidbit ... gracias, brother! =





{Speaking of my brother, the awesome photos below were all [except the 1st one] taken by him ... beautiful work, Peter! } =






















No comments:

Post a Comment