Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thrift Store Vinyl Radio program 7 (distant lands)



Wanna travel across the globe? Well so do I, but listening to this month's episode of "Thrift Store Vinyl Radio" is really the next best thing to that, so why even start packing?!


Haha ... ok, it's not THAT good ... but I do have a lot of scratchy records "from" exotic foreign places and it was a ton of fun digging through all that under-the-bed vinyl & making the show ... so THERE!


Get ready to "travel" to Africa, Japan, China, America (!), India, Israel, Spain, France & Switzerland ...

Here we go!!!






Wanna download this?

Well, you can right HERE!!!





************************************************************************************






Tragic news =
Singer Amy Winehouse was found dead this past week ... She was only 27 ...


sad sad sad ...


HERE's a nicely written memorial piece that Pitchfork posted the other day ...


R.I.P. Amy











************************************************************************************





So I finished up working at Arts Camp at the Bham Museum of Art this past week ...



On the last day, the kiddies got to take turns beating this =




Furious determination =




Candy for all =




The kid in the middle called me "Daddy" all week ...
Still dunno what to think of that ... haha =








************************************************************************************




Hey ... I've got an idea ... let's watch some V I D E O S !!!!!!!!







Since the theme is travel this week, let's begin with this Ethiopian documentary by Olivia Wyatt ... It's called "Staring Into The Sun" and I reeeally wanna see it! Here's the trailer =



Here's the only commercial I've ever seen for a Smiths album ... and I dig it! =




Wow ... just when I was gonna give up on Spike Jonze (I hated "Scenes From The Suburbs"), he comes out with this excellent action figure-filled one for the Beastie Boys (feat. Santigold) ... YES! =




I dig this 'un from Behavior =



I'm not the biggest fan of the new Black Lips album ... However, this video for "New Direction" is pretty enjoyable! =


Some hazy subtitled beauty by Dream Boat =


Seth Persons recently posted this (thanks!) ... it's the very talented Manu Delago ... dig! =







Dessert is on the way!!!




1st up my man, Ryan sent me this amazingly musical kitten clip =




Chris Stewart posted this bit of crazy Japanese 90's madness by RIP SLYME ... Cheers! =




And Jen Healy sent me this bit of bit of gold lame insanity ... yikes!
Gracias, Jen! =




Flaming Lips and Lightning Bolt collaborated recently and here is the rather nightmarish result =




And finally, Matt Goodin posted this dramatic sequel to the potty-mouthed Keisha Thiabo video that hit the youtube airways a few weeks back ... Danke, Matt! =


























No comments:

Post a Comment