Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Falling Leaves Mixes A & B


Hurrah!

October is finally here ... and it has 5 whole Tuesdays! haha ... To celebrate October's arrival, I asked my facebook friends to help me gather as many songs that made them think of Fall and Autumn as they could ... songs that would be perfect for falling leaves, chillier days, colder nights and the slow but sure approach of All Hallows Eve!

Well, what a surprise! There were so many songs sent to me that I had to make a 2 volume collection! Yes!

Mix A is the gloomier of the 2 mixes, but also the one that FLOWS the best (in my opinion!) ...
Mix B reminds me more of a true mixtape (in the traditional sense) because it is a bit all over the place ...


At any rate, I think they are both perfect for getting you in just the right autumnal frame of mind!


THANKS to all of my facebook friends that contributed songs to these mixes :

Josh Johnson, Pat Snow, Johnny Gwin, Lee Shook, Marsh Nabors, Jeff McLeod, Colby Watkins, Josiah Mulligan, Katie Dunne, Daniela de Luna, Walter Lewellyn, Gary Lee, Colin Blantonn, Lindsey Motlow, Walker Yancey, Karen Haggerty, Roy Burns, John Wendel, Jennifer Bice, Ashley Hulsey Coutch, Kate Herrman and Judith Amanda


Also THANKS to Colby Watkins who took the awesome cover photo!!!

Here's the original:




oh yeah ... the very last song on A is "Bye" by the late, great Elliott Smith ... 
I somehow forget to add that one to the track list!

As always, I hope you ENJOY it!


Mix A





Mix B






You may download both mixes RIGHT HERE.







 **********************************************************************************************







>>>>a bit of RANDOM NEWS<<<<<







I somehow missed this ... It was on the Ghostbox site ... Advisory Circle made this excellent 'end of summer' mix last month ... Funny though ... it actually fits THIS time of year here in the States because the warm days are still lingering!







Speaking of excellent mixes, Peaking Lights created a marvelous Fall playlist on Spotity

If you have Spotify, you can experience it HERE.






 **********************************************************************************************









 >>>>>>>VIDEOS ARE NOW<<<<<<<








1st up, Ty Segall made a cool, crazy commerical for his 3rd album this year "Twins"... Yes!




Wow! This new Grizzly Bear video is mental!
David Lynch, eat yer heart out!



Speaking of mental, This new Crystal Castles is over the top creepy and scary!



This Ulver video is for Gary Lee cuz I'd never heard of them until he suggested them for the "Falling Leaves" mixes! Thanks, Gary!



A very pretty Lavender Diamond video



A very freakish parade starring Why?




My brother Peter sent me this beautiful Patsy Cline clip.
Thankers!!!



And if you dig old Jazz, feast yer eyes and ears on this 1966 Thelonious Monk live stuff!








>>>Some crazy Dessert treats!<<<








When I say crazy, I mean CRAZY ...
This lady needs her head checked!




Ross Porter posted this "best/worst movie death scene ever" video ... Haha!
Cheers, Ross!



Sondra Prill presents some true beach cheese ...


Speaking of cheese ... Elise sent this crazy Japanese pepper cheese noodle commercial ...
My God! Merci, E!



And if that wasn't enough, here's one more, thanks to Tony Traveis!
































No comments:

Post a Comment