Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Falloween Mix by Beth Ragland




"A mix from an imaginary horror movie"


Wow! That's how Beth Ragland describes her newest mixtape for the Psychic Tuesday airwaves ... Sounds exciting!  Sounds thrilling, actually!
Perplexed and hungry to know more, I asked Beth what was meant by this  mysterious description.

Here's what she told me:


 I started to make an Autumn mix in late August when I was in the middle of moving. I noticed that most of the songs were kind of dark then you had asked me to make it more Halloweenish which worked perfectly with how the mix was going anyway. After I had chosen a few songs I noticed that they were all either brand new or had come out in the past year or so. So I decided to keep the whole mix that way.


Then I started to play with the song order. I started to feel like I was putting together a Soundtrack of sorts. I started to notice that the order of the tracks started to create imaginary plot lines for horror/thriller movies in my mind.

The mix starts out with a content kind of mood with a bit of anxiety peeking through, which grows after a few songs. Then there is some point of acceptance of whatever spooky/strange fate that the imaginary character has. This carries on and the anxiety levels of the imaginary character rises and falls. There are moments of relaxation and peace that are shattered by the next track of startling/eerie melodies. The mix ends with a panicked kind of feeling. That feeling that you get when you think the movie is over and then you see that the killer really didn't die and the credits start coming up. I guess that means I'll have to make a sequel next year.


Yes you will, Beth!
Thanks for the "cinematically" seasonal awesomeness!!!


And now, with no further ado, brace yourself for some pure, unadulterated Falloween!!!







You may download Beth's "soundtrack" RIGHT HERE.







**********************************************************************************************





Check this out ...

In a dash of random news, Black Marble made an incredible  "Ad Hoc Mix" ...
"The mix--which includes tunes from artists like The Flowers and Cabaret Voltaire--should provide a nice, mind-bending boost to the middle of your week."

Dig it!








**********************************************************************************************









 >>>>>>>VIDEOS ARE NOW<<<<<<<












1st up, my brother Peter sent me this "perfect for Fall" performance by PJ Harvey ... Thanky, brother!



Also perfect for Fall, here's The Orwells' "Halloween All Year"



Wow! Thee Oh Sees' new video has a rather surprising twist to it!




No twist to this one (except in his walk!) ... Perfume Genius seems to say "Here's to gayness!" in this new one



This next one's for Ryan ... it's some live Ariel Pink ... Dig that haircut!




Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros present an old man's happy last hurrah



I love this beautiful video for David Sylvian's new collaborative album (with Jan Bang and Erik Honoré) "Uncommon Deities"




Speaking of music and poetry, John Wendel sent this bit of excellentness by Roland Kirk and John Cage! Gracias, John!








>>>and now, some sweet Desserts!!!<<<









Here's something ... ahem ... new ... from Hunx ... So bad it's good? So bad it's ... bad? Haha




If you like Morrissey, you'll probably enjoy this funny interview with him on Colbert Report



Marsh Nabors posted this video by Biloxi Buck and the Fucks stating "Perfect for the election!" Haha! Cheers, Marsh!



And finally, This just leaves me breathless ... haha




Hey look! My very talented brother, Peter Wilm took all of the following photos!


















No comments:

Post a Comment